Tuesday 11 September 2018

Vicious Vignettes - Some Covers For A Friend


A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE has just finished a second collection of flash fiction and needed a cover to match the first, which was done by someone else on Fiverr. I suggested a fresh start with matching designs for both. I tried to keep it simple but fragmented the text panel to suggest the nature of the content.



















The title is Nightmare and the tag line is Ascelon, both from The Scriptorium (www.fontcraft.com). The author's name is, of course, in Lydian, one of my favourite fonts. I had originally used white for her name but thought to try a pale cream instead, which I much prefer, having a softer contrast.

I have designed full covers for print editions but will post those once they are finalised.

As always, click the images to see a larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment